Over the past few years, our extensive experience, innovative entrepreneurial spirit and comprehensive expertise have led us to emerge as the global market leader in the automated vehicle recognition sector. One of the reasons for this is our ability as a system provider to find tailored solutions for country-specific requirements.
We offer technology of the highest quality, including modular security systems and products for the automated identification of vehicles. Our solutions also increase domestic security and protect against theft, manipulation and misuse. They have a wide range of potential applications in both the public and private sectors, such as access control, toll systems, logistics, domestic security, border controls and smart cities.
We guide our customers through the entire process and support public authorities with all vehicle registration tasks. Our products and systems can be implemented to sustainably increase efficiency and security in both central and decentralised registration systems.
Tönnjes and its partner companies have almost 2,000 employees working at over 50 locations worldwide. Our modern German production technology is now being used in many countries. We can cover all or some of the tasks involved in the licence plate production process, from the planning stage to the provision of tools, machines and software. We can also offer a fully-automated and digital production process.
Integrated Management System (IMS) Policy
Top management, the IMS coordinator and the employees are committed to responsibly enforcing and developing this system, taking into account economic aspects. It serves the company to achieve its long-term corporate goals and is not an end in itself. The IMS is aligned with the current international standards and is continuously reviewed within the framework of the certification regulations! Information about changes in requirements is obtained through intensive contact with authorities, our lawyers and tax advisors as well as the Employer's Liability Insurance Association and through publications, checked internally and with the help of tax advisors and lawyers for relevance and implemented and communicated as required. Changes to the requirements are taken into account as quickly as possible and measures can be seen in the respective current management review.
The group of companies is committed to complying with the following IMS policy:
- Our primary corporate objective is the profitability of our businesses, based on satisfied customers and employees, taking into account legal and normative obligations. This includes the protection of the health and safety of employees, clients and the public.
- We strive for continuous improvement in occupational health and safety by creating safe and healthy working conditions.
- Prevention of accidents, occupational diseases, work-related health hazards / illnesses as well as prevention of environmental and property damage has absolute priority.
- We act preventively and ensure that all legal and statutory obligations are complied with.
- Safe and healthy work: Together, we want to do everything in our power to ensure working conditions in which our employees can work safely, healthily and successfully. This includes safe and ergonomic work equipment, workplaces and work processes.
- Every employee shares responsibility for occupational safety and health-conscious behaviour and uses the resources made available to him or her.
- The "participation" and "consultation" of our employees, in the introduction and also maintenance of our IM system, is a matter of course.
- Training the awareness of all responsible persons for the sustainable promotion of activities in the sense of our SGA philosophy (safety and health at work).
- Taking into account the state of the art in technology, occupational medicine and hygiene, as well as other proven occupational science findings, when planning or procuring new work equipment and when carrying out all activities.
- Compliance with the obligation to provide safe and healthy working conditions for the prevention of work-related injuries and illnesses that are appropriate to the purpose, size and context of our company and to the particular nature of our occupational health and safety risks and opportunities. This includes eliminating hazards, minimising SGA risks and complying with applicable legal and other requirements to significantly increase legal certainty.
- Ensure that a commitment to consultation and worker involvement and, where applicable, worker participation is required and encouraged.
- Characteristic of the implementation of the SGA policy is the involvement of all workers. Only in this way is it possible to maintain occupational health and safety features such as the prevention of accidents and the protection of health.
- We are committed to ensuring that the products we sell are manufactured in accordance with the recognised rules of technology and in accordance with the contractual agreements.
- Furthermore, we have set ourselves the goal of gaining and maintaining the trust of our customers through professional competence, stable and consistent quality and high environmental awareness. At the same time, competitiveness is to be increased and the environment is to be protected. These goals can only be achieved through permanent improvements of processes and procedures and clear targets, coupled with motivated employees with high safety, quality and environmental awareness.
- The top management and all employees have committed themselves to responsibly implementing and further developing this system, taking into account economic aspects. It serves to achieve our long-term corporate goals and is not an end in itself.
- The IM system is aligned with the current international standards ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 27001 as well as ISO 45001 and will be continuously reviewed in the future within the framework of the certification regulations!
- Compliance with legal and other obligations is documented as part of the management assessment.
- We assess opportunities and risks of our interested parties for mutual understanding and to ensure stable process flows.
- We carry out each work step correctly from the beginning.
- Error prevention has priority over error detection and elimination.
- The way of dealing with each other is determined by mutual support and loyalty.
- Targeted qualification goals and training opportunities for our employees
- The primary security objective is to ensure the safe and proper handling of our clients' information assets in the area of application. Secure and proper includes the three main aspects of information security, namely maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information.
- Information is not disclosed to unauthorised persons or entities.
- The completeness and correctness/authenticity of information assets are protected.
- Authorised persons or entities can access and use information whenever necessary.
- Information security objectives are set for relevant functions. These objectives must be achievable, measurable and improve the effectiveness of the ISMS. Target achievement is considered in the annual management review and targets are set for the next year.
- In some cases, cooperation with other service providers or external staff is required. Both in contract design and in daily operations, care must be taken by all involved to ensure that the defined requirements for the security of information and data are also maintained outside the business premises. Appropriate checks improve understanding and increase trust between partners.